17 September 2009

Kage

Check this baby out!
This would be the hindbær brombær kage that I bought myself today because I got everything done in a timely matter.
Ok, really, I was just in Christianshavn where there's a really good bakery that I had been planning on going back to for one of these--I just needed an excuse to do it.  It was good!  The blackberries could have been a little more ripe, and I wish I had a napkin, but the raspberry cream was awesome, and the cake--which was covered in a cold, chocolate shell--tasted kind of like banana.
What was even more exciting was that it was the first time that, after I'd used more than just monosyllabic Danish words, the cashier actually responded to me in Danish!  Of course, I then had to embarrassingly admit that I only spoke English when she asked if I wanted it to go.  Oh well. 

And then I got an awesome seat in the front of the Metro, where I could see it going through the tunnel.  The Metro also utilizes video ads that are projected on the opposite wall of the tunnel when the trains are stopped at stations?  I must say it's a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment