07 September 2009

Advent of Autumn

I thought I'd be a little upset once fall creeped in and the weather got cold and wet.  However, I always change my minds with the seasons, and it's not so cool or constantly rainy yet that I can't enjoy a walk through Langelinie and the Kastellet--which together are essentially the Central Park of Copenhagen (though they are smaller--the effect is the same).  Most of the leaves are still green, but they're yellowing at the edges, and the ground is dusted with crunchy early falls.  The water in the two moats around the Kastellet is some of the clearest I've seen since I've been here, and it's calming to watch the grebes, swans, and the great blue heron around the underwater plants.  And, just like any other place in Copenhagen, the park is full of the charming green copper monuments and statuettes.












I'll take the time to explain my weekend later, and post more pictures from this gorgeous day on facebook and the picasa gallery.  There will be captions there, too (you just have to visit the blog album in the picasa gallery; a link is on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment